People are going to start accusing me of copying that Chris Badenoch guy from Master Chef because I’m doing Beer and Food stuff… He isn’t the only one with the idea, he just happened to be on TV and got a lot of publicity :P
Oh… And he can cook… Much much better then I can :P
Must get off my arse and check out his restaurant, Josie Bones.
Anyway, on to the Beerognase
500 grams lean mince
500 grams of mushrooms, sliced
1 large brown onion, finely chopped
410 gram can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup of Campbell’s beef consomme (You could use stock)
1/3 cup of Stout (I used Guinness the first time)
2 cloves of garlic
Rosemary, Chilli, Parsley, black pepper and salt to taste.
- Brown the beef in the pan, once brown remove with a slotted spoon trying to leave the meat juices in the pan
- Fry the onion, garlic and mushrooms in the juices (no oil should be required) for about 5 minutes, or until all the mushrooms have shrunk in size
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to the boil, the simmer from around 20-30 minutes.
- Bring the sauce back up to the boil, and reduce it down. Up to you how long you wish to do it for.
- Serve with some pasta :)
The first time I made this, I used Guinness. I’m thinking I will use a quality stout next time, not sure which one yet.. I’m sure as hell not using my Samuel Smiths Imperial Stout in it… Maybe something like a Coopers Stout… Or maybe a bit more left field with something like a Young’s Chocolate Stout…. Oh and I didnt have any fresh chillies, they are still growing….
This recipe was something I banged together after BeerMan TV tweeted about wanting a beery pasta recipe… It’s based off someones mum’s recipe.. Then I messed with it :P